Monday, August 30, 2010

Childhhood Dreams



La Fontaine a Ferney
I grew up in a small village near the border of Switzerland, called Ferney-Voltaire. This is where I spent most of my childhood. 

Ferney-Voltaire was also home to the author and philosopher Voltaire who resided in the "Chateau" for the last twenty years of his life.

My childhood as a PNG kid growing up in a typical french 'village' was filled with many great memories. In this 'village' I learnt to read, write in a language that was not my mother tongue, I grew up with the rich culinary french cuisine and also adopted a lifestyle which I thought was the norm: going to the bakery in the morning to buy croissants, pain au chocolat and baguettes to have as breakfast, eating saucisson from the farmers market, drinking my hot chocolate out of a bowl, eating malabar, drinking sirop de grenadine, chewing on licorice sticks, having raclette every winter after a day at the snow or eating churros every saturday at the "marche de Ferney." 

Some of these photos are of Ferney-Voltaire, our home and its surroundings.
Statue de Voltaire
Mairie de Gex
Photos of our little village in winter - we moved about 10 kilometres away from Ferney-Voltaire.

View from my House - La Faucille
Vue du Mont Blanc
Can you believe that below those clouds there is Geneva !!!
Coucou Petite Soeur !!! This is is in our front yard

2 comments:

  1. Wee yau hariup na 2011 Christmas, mi jes psyche up lo 'La Fontaine a Ferney' :=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics keks! Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete