Spur of the moment decisions don’t often apply to people with
passports that require a visa for every country like myself!! It takes time,
preparation and planning for holidays abroad even if you plan to fly out for a
long weekend for which this option becomes nearly non-existent.
However, miracles happen!! I had planned to go to the
Dominican Republic for months with my best friend but whilst she had left 3
days earlier, I was still waiting for my leave approval and came to terms with the fact that I probably was going to spend those days in New York!!
And then the first miracle came - My visa!!! It was not going to
be an issue BUT my leave was - Still no news on Thursday, 2 days before I planned to leave!!! So the best way to deal with this situation was to come to accept that I was not going anywhere but New York City!!
So what was my plan for the long weekend? Sleep? Shop? Visit the Museums and then I told my self what the heck!!!
And that's when my second miracle happened - 9pm on Friday night I booked my flight
for the Dominican Republic departing the next day at 10am – this was my Spur of the moment experience!!! For once in my life I was able to experience
that rush of excitement to be able to jump in a plane to another country
without even thinking of the burdens of the visa application process………
I spent my long weekend at the beach at La Romana and then had an express overnighter in Santo
Domingo – I was able to use my Spanish (after all those years of learning the
language, I can finally put it to test), I learnt to dive, I learnt to dance the
Bachata and merengue and had a wonderful relaxing time with my best friend AT.
No comments:
Post a Comment