Monday, January 16, 2012

Makira Breakfast @ Rain Tree Café



photo borrowed from the raintree cafe website
While I walk down 42nd street from Grand Central, I try not to puff out the warm air out of my mouth, I keep thinking I need to contain as much inside to keep me warm- it is minus 7 degrees. I should be used to the cold as I lived in Switzerland – I think to myself ?
But my mind takes me to the rain tree café in Honiara, Solomon Islands – I used to drive to this little bush café every Saturday morning looking forward to my Makira breakfast and my latte. I am on the bench that leans against the wall in the café and I hear the soft waves crash against the old coral as I ponder into the turquoise/green water….I wish I could have this moment again but as I come back to reality I realize I have just arrived at work in cold NYC ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment