The town of Emerald was established in 1879 as a base for the Central Line from Rockhampton.. This country town located about 3hours from Rockhampton rests as a service town for coal mining operations in the vicinity.
I spent a week visiting one of my best friend. This was where I spent a bit of RnR to recollect my thoughts on what my next move in terms of professional career would go. Everyday I woke up to the beautiful smell of coffee, savouring the taste while I read, revised my CV, during that time I also learnt to cook Moroccan Tajine dishes, made a bottle of preserved lemons from scratch and discovered this country town as a local.
I also visited the town of blackwater which is about an hour away from Emerald. I would never have thought that I would actually find it relaxing to sit back, drink coffee and watch the coal train carriages pass by. The coal center has a nice section that provides information on the history of coal mining in the area.
Love it!! E-town is so where its at!!
ReplyDelete