Built over a period of 22 years, it took over twenty thousand workers' time to construct this magnificent monument. This mausoleum was built in memory of The Muslim Emperor, Shah Jahan's wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
Today this breath taking monument stands among one of the eight wonders of the world. It seems unbelievable as you walk through the main gates. I kept thinking that I have seen this in photos many a times but when you stand before this magnificent building, the feeling is indescribable. I felt like I was thrown into a fairy tale. The gardens back in the Mughal emperor's time were created so as to replicate Heaven on Earth. The fountains were filled with rose petal flowers, all I could think of when I standing in the gardens was that I wished I had lived in that era?
I discovered a new fascination for the History of the Mughals.
And all this for Love..........
No comments:
Post a Comment