Saturday, December 18, 2010

India - New Dehli

After a short stay in London, I traveled to New Delhi, the capital of India.
I have always wanted to visit this country filled with the richness of its history and diverse culture. If you have read City of Joy by Roland Joffe, what you feel in that book is what you expect to see in India. Although Delhi does not really display the poverty to the extent of the book, what I saw in Delhi, was exactly what I had imagined it to be.

The Commonwealth games took place a month before I arrived in New Delhi, so the Delhi that I saw upon my arrival was the post-Commonwealth Games Delhi. The new airport had just been build in time for the games, so there was no long waits in the line to get through customs.  I wonder if it was as smooth if I were to have flown in, to the old airport a couple months earlier?



The best part of my trip to India was spending time with my father.  Dad has been working on a project for the last  8 years . The project assesses the impact and opportunities for India on trade and globalisation. It was really interesting to learn about what project my father had been involved in. 

We stayed in Delhi and from there I did a number of day trips out to the outskirts of the capital. I must say the Indians are extremely hospitable and will make you feel at home. The food is authentic, tasty with all the spices and flavors partying in your mouth - 









No comments:

Post a Comment