Name: Hip Hop
Last Name: Culture/World Phenomena
Date of Birth: 11 August 1973
Place of Birth: 1520 Sedgwick Ave
| This is where it all began..... |
If you plan to visit New York and love music even though it's not Hip Hop, I would recommend you take the Hip Hop Hush tour featuring Grand Master Cas and Reggie Reg. www.zerve.com/hiphoplook/BKTour
We caught the bus in the morning and were taken down memory lane of some famous Hip Hop artists of our century - Notorious B.I.G, DJ Herc,Jay Z and others. The tour bus took us around Harlem and the Bronx, we also visited a school that has graffitti artists come and showcase their art every summer (July-August for the northern hemisphere). In other terms, these artists come together and re-paint the wall that was painted in the previous summer and then they create a new graffiti work that will last til the summer of the next year.
I must say the highlight of the trip was a stop at a Soul Food Restaurant (the cherry on the cake**). Goodness the food was devine, so if you are on a diet, or do not like to venture out of your comfort zone and try out new flavors - then it's not for you!!!
| If the power has gone off and you are wondering how to keep the party going.....that's how you do it |
HIP HOP CLASSES
Now if you want to take some Hip Hop classes you can get a sneak preview on the tour.......I think I did alright!!!!! Can I have a witness???? Woot Wooooooot......Hahahaha- ok maybe not.
HARLEM
There is a distinct contrast once you enter the suburb of Harlem....there is so much culture and history here. The cost of living here used to be quite cheap but now that the former president Bill Clinton has moved into the neighborhood ....the prices have gone up a bit.
THE BRONX
To some the song sang by J-Lo "I'm Jenny from the Block" might be the link to this burrough. Others it could be the Yankee Stadium or to those who like reading - Edgar Allan Poe who spent the last years of his life (1846 to 1849) here. You must wonder who he is? He wrote short stories like that of "the Black Cat" or poems like "The Raven" -
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
We survived the Bronx!! ;)
ReplyDelete